Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Part 4: My Family Quilt- My Mothers Side (Continued...)

born: 26 Jan 1926, St Vincent, Ontario, Canada
died: 07 June, 1998, St. Ignance, Michigan

written by: Rene Corwin Young

This story is a continuance of the orginal post: "My Family Quilt". In Feb of 2007 Rene's dream and promise to Helen Faleris just before she died was fullfilled. When our Grama Helen got sick, one of her last request to Rene was to find my sister and I. She wanted to see us before she died. Unfortunately, grama was unable to have that wish. Before Rene's visit to Texas in October of 2007, she created a Scrapbook of the Faleris Family for me as a gift. In "My Family Quilt, "My Mother's Side", the story she wrote is that which I am sharing with you.

Grama was born in Canada and would always joke with us that she was born in the "Asshole of the Eggplant". You will have to look at the map of Canada to understand the story she told us. Grama's father (Joseph Baker) was a laborer, and Grama's mother (Irene Baker) was a house wife and mother of eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment